DARYL of the Deer Clan
36 Pages $16.50
The nine Clan books are delightful read-aloud stories
that appeal to our youngest students. They also provide an artistic, informative resource for older students developing their knowledge of First Nations People and their connection to nature.
A visually stimulating tale of a young deer exploring
his habitat and discovering plants, insects, and animals in the forest and fields.
1. Short story of how clans were formed.
2. Ray Skye's description of Deer Clan characteristics.
3. Key vocabulary.
5. Cross curricular and inter-disciplinary connections.
6. Aligned with Ontario curriculum connections.
7. Illustrations by Métis artist, Jennifer Bettio.